The Writer's Block

Apple of my eye 


Its like June/July

But my hands are dripping with sweat...
I'm tripping and falling over everything,
I can't even hold my phone,
If I do,
I write your number
And scratch it off within the blink of an eye...
I can no longer wait to hear the words that your lips will utter,
But I'm too scared to even hear them

I don't know whether I should rejoice or be in sorrow,

I'm a man,
But you got me acting like a little boy...
Because when I get a text from you,
I get those butterflies in my stomach,
I hear horses running in my chest,
Only to find out that you were just saying hi...

I always imagine you saying yes,

Me and you together,
Hold your hand in town,
And walk like we are in our own universe,
Act childish ,
And run around chasing each other,
Buy ice cream,
And put it on each other's faces,
Argue on which movie to watch,
Take road trips and get lost together...
Turn simple days into our wildest endeavours....

Let me get on my knee and change your title,

Bring you all the happiness in the world,
Give you the cutest babies ever,
Let you be on that balcony and enjoy the view,
Drive the latest and the best,
Let me be the one you will say to...
"Till death do us apart"
And live the life you deserve...
Because you are the apple of my eye.

By Nokwanda W Sithole

Comments

Popular Posts