Daniel K Universe - Boom

The month of August comes with a special guest post from the brother Daniel K Universe all the way out in Germany! He is an artist that will be sharing his new release with us titled "Boom".


"What's up, guys?! Daniel K Universe here! And today I want to give you a little bit of background information on my latest release "Boom".

I named the track that way because of the first bass sound in the drop. Due to its down-pitching and filtering, it sounded to me as if one would say "Boom". 

The song and especially the melody parts are supposed to sound very mystical and might remind you of some pirate movies. That's created on purpose by the sample choice I took. If you have a close listen you can make out the waves of the ocean in the background and the gnarling of the ship which comes through a super ambient sample by 'Epic Stock Media'.

Now onto the drops and my arrangement. My mission in this song was to have different drops with different energy levels and an overall rise of energy throughout the whole track. 
With the first drop, I kinda wanted to set the time for the whole track. It perfectly unites vibes from the Mainstream of Psytrance as well as the Underground as I used a brass sound and an acid kinda lead sound for the melody. 

The second drop is the darkest one and I put it almost immediately after the first one for a reason - As I imagined people in a club I had the impression that after my first drop it would suck to stop dancing. So I decided to keep going. What's special about this drop though is its development every bar. I really want to make people freak out when dancing to this. Therefore, I added a new element or variation in every bar leading to total ecstasy. 

After that, the song kind of rewinds as we go back to the atmospheric melody part again, this time with slight changes e.g. evolving chords that are supposed to fill up the listener's emotions. That way, as the track ramps up to drop three, it feels like it's taking a deep breath, it's like the silence before the storm.

The most energy can then be found in the third and last drop of the track. I created that feeling by using a faster and more forward bass line there combined with a pauseless melody. A special detail is a rhythmic change in the half of the drop from quarters to triplets which gives a fresh and groovy vibe to the track.

In the end, I sent this track to Eric from Pulsation Audio for Mastering who got some finishing touches on it. I really love his mastering service as it's affordable and super high in quality. I can recommend anyone who's searching for a great engineer to visit 'https://pulsation-audio.com' and get in contact with him. We went through three different approaches without getting higher at price and then took the third one. This shows how dedicated he is to not only delivering a great master file but also how he tries to implement the wishes from his clients.

To sum it up, I put a lot of effort and energy into this track, tried to enrich it with lots of details, and went for a rather untypical approach to the genre Psytrance. I hope you enjoy listening, leave some feedback, and show some love! 

Big thanks to Sicelo from SoulToniq (this blog) for featuring me!"



Comments

Popular Posts